What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does a company importing dietary supplements need to be FDA registered?

Started by , Jun 26 2020 01:01 AM
2 Replies

Hi,

My company is importing dietary supplements ready for retail from overseas. I know our co-packer, ingredient vendors, co-mans, warehouse etc all need to be FDA registered, but does our company in the USA need to be registered with the FDA as well? Even though we are not directly handling the product?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Cheese company uniforms
[Ad]

I had a supplement company as a client and they were required to register.

If your supplements are classified as consumable/food and even if the only thing you do is HOLD the product prior to onward shipping you are required to register.

FDA/FSMA details here:

https://www.fda.gov/...her-submissions

Hi thank you. But we will have another warehouse hold our product not us. The warehouse/3PL will be registered. I spoke with a consultant at Registrar Corp and they said as an importer not holding or handling you are not required to register. Does this clarify at all? Do you still think we need to register?

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Cheese company uniforms Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company? Receiving Returns from Non-federally registered establishment Can someone Help Me with a Template or a list of steps required to create a BMR for Herbal supplements? Dietary Supplements NSF 455-2 vs SQF FDA GMP 111 Dietary Supplements