What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the main things that I need to focus on during my internal audit?

Started by , Jun 28 2020 12:35 PM
4 Replies

Hey there, 

i have got my bachelor degree in industrial engineering few months ago, i was assigned as a Safety and Health supervisor. 

As a matter of fact our company has just finished building a new plant for the sake of expanding our business, the last week my boss has asked me to look into BRC standards V6 and we shall have the audit by nov 2020. 

if i may ask what are the main important things that i need to focus on during my internal audit ? 

thank you in advance  :shades:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit
[Ad]

Hi b6h

Congratulations on your degree.

Any internal audit usually have 3 objectives : 

- Check that food safety (and also legality and quality) is ensured

- Check that all requirements for the certification are met

- Check that operations are conducted following documentation and documentation correspond to operations.

I hope that the new building already meet all BRC requirements...

In a word - everything.

Focusing on main parts can easily allow oneself to get blindsides by those seemingly little things that together become the monster in the corner of the room.

I'd grab a BRC audit and start at the top.

Hey there, 

i have got my bachelor degree in industrial engineering few months ago, i was assigned as a Safety and Health supervisor. 

As a matter of fact our company has just finished building a new plant for the sake of expanding our business, the last week my boss has asked me to look into BRC standards V6 and we shall have the audit by nov 2020. 

if i may ask what are the main important things that i need to focus on during my internal audit ? 

thank you in advance  :shades:

You should acquire -

(a) copy BRC Packaging standard

(b) copy brc Packaging self-assesssment / audit checklist

Both available free from BRC website.

(b) is a minimal list of what you will have to cover within an internal audit program

I hope you have some technical background in FSMS Systems.. If not you will likely need a lot of help to be ready by November.

In a word - everything.

Focusing on main parts can easily allow oneself to get blindsides by those seemingly little things that together become the monster in the corner of the room.

I'd grab a BRC audit and start at the top.

THIS.

The internal audit is one of the most important tools you have. Ive seen so many just want to check it off of a to do list.
you really should be able to go through the brc audit checklist and OBJECTIVELY say I can prove that we meet this standard by providing "X" evidence.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted BRC Internal Auditing Query Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist