What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Edition 9 - Draft for Public Comment

Started by , Jul 01 2020 05:24 PM
9 Replies

Howdy folks! Now that we're all good and comfortable with 8.1, SQFI has opened their draft of Edition 9 for public comment. Take a peak below:

https://www.sqfi.com...t=sqf_edition_9

Anyone give it a read yet? I'm making my way through modules 2 and 11 and haven't seen anything too significant yet, but I'm curious to see how everyone's affected. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline Draft Non-conformance Record BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 Feedback - Public Consultation
[Ad]

Yes, in process of study so we are ready to help clients on changes - lots of them!  

Glad to see they are opening up new areas as well.

Thanks for sharing nlamers. :clap:

Standards are ever evolving...

Regards,

Simon

When do they plan on switching to Edition 9? I saw in an email from SQFI that they mentioned May 2021?

1 Thank

Not excited about potentially having to switch from module 11 to module 9 as a processed meat manufacturer :( 

pre-processed (slaughter, boning, etc.) is 9 under 8.1 - are you pre-process or process?

When do they plan on switching to Edition 9? I saw in an email from SQFI that they mentioned May 2021?

May 2021 is the planned implementation.

pre-processed (slaughter, boning, etc.) is 9 under 8.1 - are you pre-process or process?

We are process, meat slicing so have been following Module 11. I guess it will be interesting to see how much or how little it will differ when all the changes are finalized.

We are process, meat slicing so have been following Module 11. I guess it will be interesting to see how much or how little it will differ when all the changes are finalized.

Cool. you will still be 11 not 9.

I have found over the past 15 years with SQF that every time they do an update most everything on the initial exposure sticks with the exception of redundant's, typo's etc.

I just got finished with a meeting here this morning and we discussed at what point we are going to switch over to developing 9.0 systems from 8.1 and we are thinking in the fall right now plus we have software to change out too.

SQF always keeps things interesting!

Not excited about potentially having to switch from module 11 to module 9 as a processed meat manufacturer :(

Same here.  We're secondary processors of frozen seafood.  Looks like we're going from 11 to 9 as well.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline Draft Non-conformance Record BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 Feedback - Public Consultation Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System BRCGS Edition 9- Training Scratch Outs on Paperwork SQF Edition 9