What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ideas for improving preventive maintenance and machine reliability

Started by , Jul 08 2020 02:56 AM
2 Replies

Dear All Members,

My name is Brang Sakoth, I am writing from Cambodia. I worked at Natural Mineral water plant. I am very concerned to due to the machine always break down during the working hours. It breaks from Blower machine till automatic packaging machine. Technician spends time to do the preventive and repair on weekly. Start production, running around 1 hour it started to jam or spoiled some part of machine. How can i improve this situation and productivity? And how about the preventive maintenance? How can we set the effective preventive maintenance?

I need you help.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ideas on training on the importance of completing pre-op each day before production begins? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Desperate for ideas to get employees on board with food safety culture Looking for Ideas or a Structured Approach to Implementing a QMS from Scratch Ideas to mark World Food Safety Day?
[Ad]

Dear All Members,

My name is Brang Sakoth, I am writing from Cambodia. I worked at Natural Mineral water plant. I am very concerned to due to the machine always break down during the working our. It breaks from Blower machine till automatic packaging machine. Technician spend time to do the preventive and repair on weekly. Start production, running around 1 hour it started to jam or spoiled some part of machine. How can i improve this situation and productivity? And how about the preventive maintenance? How can we set the effective preventive maintenance?

I need you help.

Thank you.

It sounds like a good place to start may be to have a conversation with the manufacturer of the equipment, to get their input on what the expect intervals are between full services, what the scope of those should be, what routine inspection should be looking for etc.
Needing to fix it on such a regular basis suggests this is perhaps currently more "corrective" rather than preventative maintenance.
If it's all being done internally then it could also be worth getting one of the manufacturer's engineers out to do a full inspection, just to make sure that everything that should be being checked and fixed really is being done?

1 Thank

It sounds like a good place to start may be to have a conversation with the manufacturer of the equipment, to get their input on what the expect intervals are between full services, what the scope of those should be, what routine inspection should be looking for etc.

Needing to fix it on such a regular basis suggests this is perhaps currently more "corrective" rather than preventative maintenance.

If it's all being done internally then it could also be worth getting one of the manufacturer's engineers out to do a full inspection, just to make sure that everything that should be being checked and fixed really is being done?

Thank you very for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Sakoth

Similar Discussion Topics
Ideas on training on the importance of completing pre-op each day before production begins? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Desperate for ideas to get employees on board with food safety culture Looking for Ideas or a Structured Approach to Implementing a QMS from Scratch Ideas to mark World Food Safety Day? SQF FSC2 2.4.2 Module 18 - GAP SOP Template or ideas for Indoor Agricultural Ideas for activities for a Food Safety Day Any Ideas on Tilapia Discoloration? Ideas for controlling Allergen Dust Looking for ideas for Food waste reduction