What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FYI, FDA intends to begin routine inspections of Small Businesses under the FSMA Intentional Adulteration Rule in March 2021

Started by , Jul 20 2020 03:56 PM
5 Replies

This came over my email from FDA today. Figured I'd pass it along for those who might have missed it.

If your email program has trouble displaying this email, view it as a web page.

Food Defense Updates
Food Defense at FDA is the effort to protect food from acts of intentional adulteration.
FDA intends to begin routine inspections of Small Businesses under the FSMA Intentional Adulteration Rule in March 2021
July 20, 2020

Last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that routine inspections of small businesses to verify compliance with the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act’s (FSMA) Intentional Adulteration (IA) rule will begin in March 2021. The compliance date for small businesses (those with fewer than 500 employees) is July 27, 2020. 

Recognizing the unique situation COVID-19 has created for both industry and regulators, the FDA intends to begin routine inspections of small businesses under the IA rule in March 2021. This approach, consistent with our approach regarding IA inspections of larger businesses, will help facilitate industry’s continuing efforts to put in place measures that will protect public health while allowing the FDA additional time to conduct outreach to stakeholders. 

For More Information

2 Likes
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Member of the Month - March 2024 Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance
[Ad]

FDA has visited two of our clients during the past four weeks - both started at reception asking for the PCQI.

FDA has visited two of our clients during the past four weeks - both started at reception asking for the PCQI.

How sophisticated, PCQI, eh? Couldn't they simply ask for the QA?:)

Most..no I take it back, ALL of the FDA inspectors I've had the honor of accompanying during a facility inspection have been extremely out of touch with how things in a manufacturing plant work. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them have the notion that we've changed those QA job titles to 'PCQI.'

Interesting: I knew that FDA's back to routine inspections (read on Food Safety News), but didn't hear of these specific ones RE: intentional adulteration. Though, I'm pretty sure Canada will copy whatever's US doing (as usually), but CFIA doesn't have emphasis on food fraud/intentional adulteration matter. 

No, because they are asking for a certificated Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
If that happens to be your QA, no worries.

Marshall

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Member of the Month - March 2024 Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. SQF Ed. 9 Internal Audits and Inspections SOP Example