What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can we group flavored seltzers and carbonated RTD cocktails under the same HACCP Plan?

Started by , Jul 24 2020 02:59 PM
4 Replies

Our production facility is looking to produce flavored seltzers as well carbonated RTD cocktails (contain juices, acids, alcohol, etc).

Can both products be grouped under same HACCP Plan or will they each need to have their own? 

I lean towards a separate one for each but am unsure. 

Thanks. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry
[Ad]

So when I think of seltzers I think of CO2. If they go through similar processes you may be able to get away with having just 1 but if it two different processes you need 2. This is how I was taught. I start with a flow chart to see the differences/ similarities. If they are similar I put it all in one haccp. 

I had a similar company as a client. I'd go with the way you are leaning, they should be separated.

Our production facility is looking to produce flavored seltzers as well carbonated RTD cocktails (contain juices, acids, alcohol, etc).

Can both products be grouped under same HACCP Plan or will they each need to have their own? 

I lean towards a separate one for each but am unsure. 

Thanks. 

In practice, haccp allows considerable flexibility. The option to combine relates, inter alia, to things like -

standard

No. of items

similarity CCPs / flowchart compatibility

hazard analysis pragmatism

Yes, unless they have vastly different ingredients or process.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans