What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Thoughts on using an ISO corrugate supplier instead of a GFSI certified?

Started by , Jul 29 2020 06:06 PM
2 Replies

Hi All, 

We currently manufacture product that is placed in a GFSI certified packaging. We additionally place the package into corrugate. The packaging should always be sealed upon place into the corrugate. 

What are your thoughts for using an ISO corrugate supplier instead of a GFSI certified? I am assuming i would need to do a risk assessment for an ISO supplier. 

Thanks in advance. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Thoughts on wearing bump caps when cleaning underneath equipment? Thoughts regarding allergen control and supplier specs that detail May Contain? Thoughts on wearing pants that are about 5 inches below the knees Thoughts on including Vulnerability of the Product in the Risk Assessment What are your thoughts on incoming product delivered on mixed loads?
[Ad]

Your suppliers are not required to be GFSI (SQF, BRC, IFS, FSSC, etc.) certified and ISO is acceptable.

And..  a risk assessment is done on all suppliers, regardless - score cards, etc.

1 Thank

Agreed. Outer packaging / corrugate is almost irrelevant. Even then, most corrugated processes are fast enough (and use steam processes) that the risk of contamination is very low. Add that to being an outer package and the risk to your product is about zero.

Similar Discussion Topics
Thoughts on wearing bump caps when cleaning underneath equipment? Thoughts regarding allergen control and supplier specs that detail May Contain? Thoughts on wearing pants that are about 5 inches below the knees Thoughts on including Vulnerability of the Product in the Risk Assessment What are your thoughts on incoming product delivered on mixed loads? What are your thoughts on a "supplier reply packet" Could I have your thoughts on this statement Pre-BRC first time audit Thoughts on allowing a radio in the warehouse area Thoughts on replacing glove dips with hand sanitizer stations Thoughts on Temperature Loggers?