What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we need to inform the auditing body if we introduce a new product to a BRC site?

Started by , Aug 12 2020 10:46 AM
3 Replies

Hello everyone!

Loving this site and I am finding it so useful! 

I thought I might get a quick answer here, I have just recently moved to a new job in a BRC certified site.  My question is do they need to inform their auditing body if they are to introduce a new product to the site? My thoughts are yes as this product will be produced on the same line but at a different time to other products which are BRC certified but would welcome confirmation.

Thank you for your time

KR

Flo

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer What if... AI auditing... Is this madness or genius? Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces
[Ad]

yes

1 Thank

Hello everyone!

Loving this site and I am finding it so useful! 

I thought I might get a quick answer here, I have just recently moved to a new job in a BRC certified site.  My question is do they need to inform their auditing body if they are to introduce a new product to the site? My thoughts are yes as this product will be produced on the same line but at a different time to other products which are BRC certified but would welcome confirmation.

Thank you for your time

KR

Flo

Maybe - could depend to an extent on how different the new product. Obviously the standard itself has section 5.1 that implicitly acknowledges sites will of course be introducing new products between audits, so e.g. if your scope is "the manufacture of chilled RTE sandwiches" and you're planning to add a new cheese & pickle variant then no, it's probably not significant.

If it sits outside of the current scope then it becomes more complex, and indeed it's worth noting that even if it's manufactured on the same line using the same equipment, it doesn't necessarily mean it will sit in the same category number (see Appendix 6 of the standard). In this type of situation it's definitely going to be worth talking to your cert body.

1 Thank

Hi,

I agree with pHruit,

it is dependent on what "product" means - product variant or new type of product and technology used (-> new scope).

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer What if... AI auditing... Is this madness or genius? Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) What approvals and controls do we need from third party processor of our RTE product?