• Quick Navigation
Photo

Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA)

Share this

Best Answer , 06 May 2024 - 06:28 PM

Differences in labeling requirements have always been the main factor pushing us to use separate labels for each country, even though the formulations are identical.

With USDA inspection we also run into the factor of which facilities are producing ingredients suitable for export to which other countries.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Obaid124

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 06 May 2024 - 02:15 PM

I am developing a food product for export to both New Zealand and the United States. While the product itself is same, there are variations in ingredients pattern due to different regulatory requirements. I'd like to explore the possibility of using a single label with separate sections for each country's ingredient and nutrition table.

for Ingredients, my main concern is about colors additives, for example in the case of Allura Red: 

In FDA, it is Red 40

In FSANZ, it is (129)

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 551 posts
  • 107 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 May 2024 - 06:28 PM   Best Answer

Differences in labeling requirements have always been the main factor pushing us to use separate labels for each country, even though the formulations are identical.

With USDA inspection we also run into the factor of which facilities are producing ingredients suitable for export to which other countries.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,557 posts
  • 1523 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 May 2024 - 07:24 PM

You need 2 separate labels 

Another difference is that almost everyone except the US uses the metric system, the US is imperial, so your front label needs to be compliant with the importing countries standard e.g 5 ounces or 142 grams

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users