What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

If CCP is monitored by PLC, do we need any training?

Started by , Aug 27 2020 01:50 PM
3 Replies

Hi all 

One of our CCPs in Food Safety Plan is an ozone contact time that is continuously monitored by a PLC system. Do I need to have specific training on this CCP as technically an employee is not doing the monitoring?

Thanks! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training PCQI Training in Portuguese
[Ad]
Is there nobody doing any sort of monitoring checks on the automated system? They'd need some training to confirm they knew what they were supposed to be looking at.
I've got CCPs that are monitored (and indeed acted upon via automated divert systems etc) without human intervention, but I still want actual people to check on them - computers aren't infallible ;)
1 Thank

Well for a pasteurizer you have charts that record temperatures but still have a trained employee monitor those recordings........ 

So as phruit mentioned, you still need actual people monitoring those records that an automated machine does. Machines can give errors or need maintenance.

1 Thank

Thanks all !

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training PCQI Training in Portuguese Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Who can give awareness training to staff on IFS Food? Annual Food Safety & Quality Training FSVP Training SQF Requirements - X-Ray Training