What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Verification activities

Started by , Sep 21 2020 06:35 PM
5 Replies

Hello everyone!

I would be grateful to know your valuable opinions about the verification activities or verify documents.

According to our procedure QA Tech is responsible to initiate the Non conformity report, and QA manager will review the completed report and will close the non conformity report. BUT, for a period of time we did not have a QA technician, is it correct that QA manager complete the Nonconformity report and close it. my confusion is the same person complete the report and the same person verify it?

is it acceptable? 

Thanks,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence
[Ad]

You can train somebody (e.g. supervisory personnel or other management) to do verification activities. 

2 Thanks

It's a bit of a conflict - similar in nature as to why maintenance should not do an internal audit on maintenance.

I would go with Olenazh's comment and train someone to slide into the role.

1 Thank

Hello everyone!

I would be grateful to know your valuable opinions about the verification activities or verify documents.

According to our procedure QA Tech is responsible to initiate the Non conformity report, and QA manager will review the completed report and will close the non conformity report. BUT, for a period of time we did not have a QA technician, is it correct that QA manager complete the Nonconformity report and close it. my confusion is the same person complete the report and the same person verify it?

is it acceptable? 

Thanks,

^^^^^(red) No. Should be 2 different people.

1 Thank

^^^^^(red) No. Should be 2 different people.

Thank you!

In a small company (like ours) it happens. It's not preferred but I've never (yet anyway) had an auditor question it as long as both parts are filled out correctly. 

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence PRP Verification Activities X-ray monitoring and verification Metal Detector Frequency and Verification Validation and Verification of a CIP system