What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Organoleptic/Sensory Analysis Risk Assessment

Started by , Oct 13 2020 01:11 PM
1 Reply

Hi all,

I recieved a non-conformance as part of BRC Product Inspection & Laboratory Testing Clause 5.6 & Product Release Clause 5.7. 

The non-conformance states that "Organoleptic testing is not based on a risk assessment". 

I've been trying to find a decent example or template to use for the Risk Assessment for the Sensory/Organoleptic Analysis but I can't find one. 

Also, how would I go about doing it? Would I have to do every product singularly or group the products into categories like cakes/pies/tarts etc.?

Does anybody have good guidance on what way to do this and what the Row x Column titles would be based off?

Any help appreciated! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organoleptic testing of packaging materials - FIBC and plastics Organoleptic Testing of Incoming Raw Materials Rapid/Accelerated Organoleptic testing Organoleptic Format for Cooked Meat Product Organoleptic Testing as a CCP what would be the Critical Limit?
[Ad]

Hi all,

I recieved a non-conformance as part of BRC Product Inspection & Laboratory Testing Clause 5.6 & Product Release Clause 5.7. 

The non-conformance states that "Organoleptic testing is not based on a risk assessment". 

I've been trying to find a decent example or template to use for the Risk Assessment for the Sensory/Organoleptic Analysis but I can't find one. 

Also, how would I go about doing it? Would I have to do every product singularly or group the products into categories like cakes/pies/tarts etc.?

Does anybody have good guidance on what way to do this and what the Row x Column titles would be based off?

Any help appreciated! 

Hi EJ,

The specifics may relate to the Product/Process involved.

Perhaps see the matrix included within the attachment in this SQF post - 

https://www.ifsqn.co...lan/#entry90692

Similar Discussion Topics
Organoleptic testing of packaging materials - FIBC and plastics Organoleptic Testing of Incoming Raw Materials Rapid/Accelerated Organoleptic testing Organoleptic Format for Cooked Meat Product Organoleptic Testing as a CCP what would be the Critical Limit?