What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pest Harborage and Sanitation

Started by , Oct 22 2020 05:49 PM
6 Replies

During our last audit, our auditor mentioned a focus point for her on sanitation is the capping of hollow metal such as industrial grade tubing used for railings, machine platforms, barriers/guards to block forklift traffic from aisleways, etc.

Our maintenance team is willing to cap them, but having a difficult time finding caps to fit the different tube dimensions.

Has anyone experienced this? Have you a source for purchasing different size tubing caps? 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help you can provide.

Thank you!

Jaimee

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Requirements - Pest Control Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Pest Control Risk Assessment Report Form Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest BRCGSv9 Clause 4.14.7 - Pest Management on Birds
[Ad]

We get ours from McMaster- Carr     www.mcmaster.com  Item # 60075T82  for 4" or 60075T15 for 3"

If you do not need access to inside the tube or rail I would suggest permanent welding of a cap in place.  It will be the best option from a longevity standpoint.  Anything else will require maintenance and update over time otherwise it will be a harborage point for pests or bacteria (sanitation).

1 Like

But where would all the employees stuff their discarded gloves and hair nets!?

Or am I the only one that seems to have that issue every time a cap is missing?

1 Like

:eek_yello: 

My spot seems to be the pen holders on the forklifts....

They will just have to start using the cigarette butt can. The smell of burning nitrile and polypropylene has the added benefit of warding off flies.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Requirements - Pest Control Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Pest Control Risk Assessment Report Form Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest BRCGSv9 Clause 4.14.7 - Pest Management on Birds SQF Pest Control Module 10 Need help with laundry and pest control service performance monitoring check list How to collect pest control data for easier monitoring? USDA Pest Sighting- Plant shutdown Pest prevention for spices and botanicals