What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What software do you use for your HACCP flow diagrams?

Started by , Nov 05 2020 01:41 PM
8 Replies

Good morning! I am in the process of updating our 8.1 SQF edition to the 9 version and I would like to redo our flow diagram / organizational chart to be a bit more user friendly. I used Lucid Chart for ouf flow diagrams, but since you only have 3 free templates then you have to pay a monthly fee, I had to create multiple accounts (not useful when you have to make a change quickly). I used Visio in the past, but I am trying to improve / make it easier to make changes. What do you use as a software for your flow diagrams / charts ? I know Excel can be used, but I never really liked how Smart Art worked / looked. Thanks and have a great day ! :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

MS Word with text boxes. It's fine as long as  you don't have 30+ positions, then it starts to get muddy. Still doable with that many..

I have about 6 positions for the organization chart, but about 30-40 steps in our process flow. It gets a bit dicey !

Thanks for the idea, I might do try Word for our organization chart. :)

I pay for the services I use.

Have found my time to be too valuable to expend it on circumventing.

I agree with you, but my senior management is looking for a one time buy more than a subscription based software if we end up using it once or twice a year to modify our charts / diagrams. Which one do you use if I may ask ? I could look into it and submit it to my SM.

Thanks

Hello Agrumeambu,

I did our HACCP on a Powerpoint slide and then copied and pasted it on a Word Doc. For me it was a lot easier to format on the Powerpoint, once I was happy with it, copied and pasted it. I didn't have to deal with the headache of word format. I hope this alternative helps!

Cheers,

I use draw.io which is free and easy to use.

I have a flow diagram with 57 steps

Only 18 steps here but I made mine in Word, just using text boxes and one way arrows.  If I had double the steps, I would just continue down onto a second page.  

I know Excel can be used, but I never really liked how Smart Art worked / looked.

I use Excel, but not the Smart Art. There is a setting in the "Layout" tab that appears for drawing tools once you've inserted a text box or shape etc, that will turn on "snap to grid". You can then just use any of the normal shapes, and the sizing and alignment will snap onto whatever column and line spacing you've got, and the arrows/lines you use to link them will snap on to various points around each shape. You can get a very neat layout of large and complex flow diagrams / organograms, without having to fight with Smart Art trying to "help" all the time ;)

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?