What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Questions to ask a supplier about food fraud

Started by , Nov 05 2020 07:11 PM
4 Replies

Hi Community,

I am currently reviewing a supplier with protentional food fraud issues researched online.  What questions would you ask a supplier?

Thank you,

J

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Questions used to determine the critical control point External warehouse - questions and concerns SQF Audit NCR questions Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions Organic Questions
[Ad]

Yikes.

Define the "protentional food fraud issues."  Are you using 'protention' as defined by the philosophical science of phenomenology, or did you mean 'potential'?  Is there evidence that they have knowingly or unknowingly been the cause of or involved in an occurrence of food fraud? What was the extent of that occurrence? If there was a documented occurrence, can you risk picking them up as a supplier, or are there better options? Do you have a current supplier approval policy/procedure in place, and does it have guidelines for this already in place?

2 Likes

I would ask to provide a Food Fraud prevention program including vulnerability assessment.

1 Like

Hi Community,

I am currently reviewing a supplier with protentional food fraud issues researched online.  What questions would you ask a supplier?

Thank you,

J

Hi jchan,

I suggest you have a look at the compilation/list of questions conveniently provided by the (free) ssafe methodology for vulnerability assessment.

Source/website is linked in innumerable posts on this Forum.

We request suppliers provide information to us that is branched off of our internal questionaire - such as...

What is financial condition of company?

Historically has company ever been involved in a recall?

Historically has company ever been involved in a food fraud situation?

Is product or products purchased from this company highly competitive?

Is the price of the product very low?

Potentially what are the substitutions that could be used for each ingredient and are they cheaper?

Is the supplier also a competitor for the item being supplied or do they sell other items that we also market?

Are they willing to send us a summary of food safety controls?

These are some of the questions on the internal.

We look for potentials for malice and economic gain.

Similar Discussion Topics
Questions used to determine the critical control point External warehouse - questions and concerns SQF Audit NCR questions Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions Organic Questions Questions/Evaluate this chocolate powdered milk formulation OmniVis Food Safety Testing Questions What kind of questions can you expect an auditor to ask shop floor staff? FSMA Compliance Builder Questions Sanitation Chemicals - Inventory and storage questions