What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cause of out of range RAM, fungi and yeast in compressed air and ambient analysis?

Started by , Nov 09 2020 08:13 PM
4 Replies
Hi,I work in the food packaging industry. Within the compressed air and ambient analysis, RAM, fungi and yeast got out of range.
I am wondering as to why this can this happen? What action plan do you recommend? Thank you
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color?
[Ad]

Hi,I work in the food packaging industry. Within the compressed air and ambient analysis, RAM, fungi and yeast got out of range.
I am wondering as to why this can this happen? What action plan do you recommend? Thank you

Hi natalylisettte,

Please numerically clarify what you mean by "out of range".

I mean, outside the acceptable range, for example> 15 CFU / cm2.
Therefore, the bad results are found

If your "ambient" yeast and mold are out of range you have a pretty substantial environmental issue. Closing your building and filtering all air entering might be necessary.

If it's from your compressed air, It could be you have excessive moisture in your system, older pipes or low points (where moisture could collect). You might need to add an air dryer, Add more or better filtering, replace old pipes and / or inspect all lines and pipe for condition and proper installation. Do all of the take off come from the top of the main pipe?

Or if your compressor is drawing in outside air and there is an issue with the outside air, it could contribute to high counts. What is near or around your plant?

I mean, outside the acceptable range, for example> 15 CFU / cm2.
Therefore, the bad results are found

Hi natalylissettte,

To enable meaningful comments, please give some idea of your current results and usual range of same data (assuming there is a history)..

Where does yr 15 cfu/cm2 acceptable value come from ? Cm2 of what, eg settle plate ? Time of exposure/incubation assuming settle plate ?

Yr current setup is unknown but one possible/typical solution would be to install a "sterile" air filter package.

PS - I have no idea what RAM is ? Chilean version of APC/SPC perhaps ?

Similar Discussion Topics
What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Compressed air testing needed? How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing