Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 11 March 2024 - 01:36 PM

"Good morning everyone, I'm Laura, a consultant. It has been pointed out for a brokerage company that the sampling plan for the analyses does not show evidence of being based on risk analysis. How can I provide evidence? I would like to specify that in the HACCP risk analysis, all risks for all product categories are addressed."

jay2023

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2024 - 01:43 PM

You will need a separate risk analysis document for the sampling plan, based on severity/likelyhood. 

jay2023

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2024 - 01:45 PM

You will need a separate risk analysis document for the sampling plan, based on severity/likelyhood. 

The separate risk analysis should include the frequency of testing and the reasoning behind it, along with what should be sampled

lauracipolla

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 11 March 2024 - 01:47 PM

thank you very much for the answer, but I have a doubt: the severity and probability must be the same ones taken into consideration in the HACCP risk analysis conducted?

jay2023

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2024 - 01:58 PM

thank you very much for the answer, but I have a doubt: the severity and probability must be the same ones taken into consideration in the HACCP risk analysis conducted?

Usually the HACCP risk analysis will deal with overall general risk of micro contamination/growth, while the sampling risk analysis will deal with specific points like what should be sampled, what areas should be swabbed and at what frequency. For example if you look at swabbing a food contact surface or sampling a ready to eat food the risk would be different compared to a non food contact surface or raw food that needs to be cooked- your risk assessment would establish that you  require more frequent sampling and have a lower acceptable level of microorganisms in the sample compared to the non food contact/uncooked samples.

lauracipolla

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 11 March 2024 - 02:07 PM

"Thank you very much, now I understand!"

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic