What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Kosher certification audit

Started by , Nov 11 2020 05:41 PM
11 Replies

Hello, my company is going for Kosher certification. Please can anyone share with me the requirements for a cocoa processing company and if the audit will be announced or unannounced. Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Kosher certifications for Co-packer Kosher Products Does anyone know where I can get a kosher ube supplier? Does anyone know of any supplier for Kosher certified IQF Cauliflower florets? If we only store Kosher food products for delivery to customers do we need to be Kosher certified?
[Ad]

That would totally depend on your Kosher CB requirement. In Canada, there's no regulatory requirements to Kosher certification processes, so every Certification Body has their own requirements regarding audits, etc. Our Kosher CB doesn't come with the audit, the only thing we need to do is upload ingredient information for a finished product we want to be Kosher certified.

1 Like

Hello,
My company is going for Kosher certification. Please can anyone share with me the requirements for a cocoa processing company and if the audit will be announced or unannounced.
Thank you

I don't recall ever seeing an unannounced Kosher audit. In terms of standards/expectations, it seems to vary to a degree between certification bodies.

I'd suggest contacting your certification body to discuss their expectations and approach with them - IMEX they're generally very helpful, and it's usually far more collaborative than a food safety/GFSI style audit.

1 Like

After all these years in certification work I've come to the conclusion that many certifications such as Kosher are completely un-needed, just another way to pad a pocket.

But if you have to - these are announced and some do not even require an audit, just some paperwork.

2 Likes

Ok. That is noted. Thank you
Ok Thank you pHruit and SQFconsultant.

We are actually going for the Kosher mainly because it is a requirement by some of our customers

Glenn,

I don´t want to enter in a deep discussion, but I think you offend all Jewish people/me included

Leila

I'm Jewish too. Nothing to do with offending anyone. While answering the question I also expressed a personal opinion on the subject.

I actually think the same about non-gmo, organic and halal.
2 Likes

Glenn,

Well, If I want to eat Kosher meals in Shabbat, then how would I handle???

Again, no intent to enter in a discussion, also my personal opinion,

L

I can't speak to the initial audit, because my company has been Kosher certified for 15+ years, but our Rabbi shows up unannounced 6-8 times a year.  We walk him through the facility, show him some documents, and answer any questions he may have.  The whole thing takes about an hour each time.

I can't speak to the initial audit, because my company has been Kosher certified for 15+ years, but our Rabbi shows up unannounced 6-8 times a year.  We walk him through the facility, show him some documents, and answer any questions he may have.  The whole thing takes about an hour each time.

Wow! That is pretty thorough, mores so than any Kosher organization I've ever dealt with in the past. Are they checking different products each time?

Wow! That is pretty thorough, mores so than any Kosher organization I've ever dealt with in the past. Are they checking different products each time?

We have over 300 products and around 270 raw materials.  He randomly checks raw materials, reviews and approves new products, and ensures that we aren't contaminating any Kosher Parve products with our Kosher Dairy or non-Kosher products.  To my knowledge, it's always been done this way.

Similar Discussion Topics
Kosher certifications for Co-packer Kosher Products Does anyone know where I can get a kosher ube supplier? Does anyone know of any supplier for Kosher certified IQF Cauliflower florets? If we only store Kosher food products for delivery to customers do we need to be Kosher certified? Does anyone have any experience with Kosher Certification? I need to know kosher certificate company What do Rabbi's look for when they do a Kosher inspection? Kosher beef shelf life New equipment checks for kosher, food safety and allergen?