What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Verification of a roaster in house

Started by , Dec 02 2020 03:02 PM
8 Replies

Hi all,

So I am looking for a little help here please. 

I am working with a site that roasts coffee and I am preparing them for an audit/implementing a system.

They are looking to start calibrating the roaster annually, but would you expect to see this verified maybe daily or weekly using a calibrated master probe somehow? It is not a CCP but does make part of the recipe. 

Anyone have any thoughts here, or am I over cooking this?

thanks

Kate 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence
[Ad]

We have two coffee roasters and that do not calibrate yearly - they calibrate every quarter. Is this a small production facility?

It is a very small site yes...... 

60kg batch roast type size....

Are you doing a food safety or Quality Certification?  To my understanding this would be a quality specification.  What happens if gets out of calibration?

Are you doing a food safety or Quality Certification?  To my understanding this would be a quality specification.  What happens if gets out of calibration?

Food safety, but the previous consultancy found this to be a CCP but i think more OPRP?

Hi all,

So I am looking for a little help here please. 

I am working with a site that roasts coffee and I am preparing them for an audit/implementing a system.

They are looking to start calibrating the roaster annually, but would you expect to see this verified maybe daily or weekly using a calibrated master probe somehow? It is not a CCP but does make part of the recipe. 

Anyone have any thoughts here, or am I over cooking this?

thanks

Kate 

IIRC GMA issue a detailed publication on Validating (nut) roasters. Attached on this forum (somewhere).

Food safety, but the previous consultancy found this to be a CCP but i think more OPRP?

Sorry, I have another post re destoning and posted this comment on the wrong one anyway

We have two coffee roasters and that do not calibrate yearly - they calibrate every quarter. Is this a small production facility?

Yes, it is a small site 

Did the previous consultancy mention what hazard this CCP should address? Biological hazards would be hardly the concern here, so I would assume chemical hazard due to improper roasting hence the need to calibrate?

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence PRP Verification Activities X-ray monitoring and verification Metal Detector Frequency and Verification Validation and Verification of a CIP system