What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to choose a certification agency?

Started by , Dec 03 2020 05:42 AM
8 Replies

Dear all, hope you are all doing great. My company was thinking to change our certification agency, we are currently certified by Intertek ( we are in India ), but  we are planning to go for DNV or TUV . How do we choose a certification agency ? Is there any criteria? With Best Regards, Ganesh 

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification
[Ad]

Hi Ganesh,

When my facility chose an agency, it was at the request of one of our customers. But unless you have a customer requirement, like we did, I believe it's entirely at your discretion. Still, I would look for an agency with a reputation of being very stringent with their audits, as this would help ensure your customers that you're not simply looking for an easy certification.

Best,

Chrispy Chips

1 Thank

Hi Ganesh,

When my facility chose an agency, it was at the request of one of our customers. But unless you have a customer requirement, like we did, I believe it's entirely at your discretion. Still, I would look for an agency with a reputation of being very stringent with their audits, as this would help ensure your customers that you're not simply looking for an easy certification.

Best,

Chrispy Chips

But, depending on the specific situation,  not unrealistically over-stringent perhaps ?

Misquoting G&S, an auditor's life is not always a happy one. :smile:

1 Like1 Thank

:lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2: 

You got me there, Charles C.!

We've had people down on their bellies with a flashlight, looking underneath the cabinets in our maintenance cage before, so, yeah... Again, "at your discretion".

1 Thank

Hey thanks a lot for the replies , any ways we have our own requirements which have to be met . I am attaching our requirement list , all the question have arised out of bitter experiences in the past . 

Attached Files

Not related to ISO22000, but BRC has a CB rating database (https://brcdirectory.co.uk) and I think it may be a useful reference.

My company had been working with a 5-star CB and quite happy. This year, we had to make a contract with a 3-star CB due to the restriction of auditor's travelling during the Covid-19, and the audit went meh.

BTW, I see you mention the laboratory service in your enquiry. I think it's good idea to avoid entrusting both audit and lab services to one company. It's a matter of conflict of interest.

Thanks for the information ,really helped me a lot .  Good thing you pointed out about the lab and certification agency . 

Not related to ISO22000, but BRC has a CB rating database (https://brcdirectory.co.uk) and I think it may be a useful reference.

My company had been working with a 5-star CB and quite happy. This year, we had to make a contract with a 3-star CB due to the restriction of auditor's travelling during the Covid-19, and the audit went meh.

BTW, I see you mention the laboratory service in your enquiry. I think it's good idea to avoid entrusting both audit and lab services to one company. It's a matter of conflict of interest.

Hi beautiophile,

It could also be (politely) regarded as "leverage" ?. :smile:

1 Like

Hi beautiophile,

It could also be (politely) regarded as "leverage" ?. :smile:

That is what we do sometime ( correction forced to do ) . Normal industry practice  I guess . 

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Retail Certification? Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification HACCP and SQF Certification Recommendations for a SQF Certification Body HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards