What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Thermometers for drivers

Started by , Jan 13 2021 11:31 PM
6 Replies

Hello! Which thermometer do your delivery drivers use? We're moving on from the clumsy thermometers we're using now, but it's been more challenging finding a new pocket digital thermometer than anticipated. Anyone have recommendations? It would need to be small, very durable, easy to use, and possibly waterproof. And this might be pushing it, but a good cost :) Thanks, Erik

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should new thermometers be calibrated? Infrared thermometers Infrared thermometers as a form of temperature verification of incoming raw materials? How do you calibrate the temperature thermometers in roasters? Calibration of thermometers
[Ad]

Hi Erik,

What do your drivers use the thermometers for?
Do you need one with infrared or one with a feeler? Or do you need a data logger?

A cheap option for a thermometer with feeler is the Ebro TLC 700. We switch them out every year since it is cheaper than kalibration.
Or you can go for the Ebro TLC 730 which has feelers and infrared.

(not affiliated with Ebro in any way :giggle: )

1 Thank

We use them to check product temperatures, so we need one with a probe. No data logger.

Good morning Erik. When I managed FSP in a cold chain required grocery distribution, we used the internal trailer temperature records (with an alarm) to verify we maintained the cold chain.

I understand you are probably looking to fix an issue without making too many waves right now, but once you get situated it might really help streamline things if you can figure out a way to maintain verification of your cold chain without having drivers temp stuff.

Is driver temping on delivery a requirement of your customers?

1 Thank

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your response. Yes, unfortunately driver temping of product is a requirement of our customers. You are right though, I really want us to move away from drivers checking and recording trailer temperatures. 

Well the good news is, once you get time to look into temp monitoring, it should be pretty easy to convince your customers. It's more reliable for a few reasons, and it is typically what my more demanding (Kroger!!) customers were looking for.

might want to take a look at www.thermoworks.com  and find the ones for transport.

Similar Discussion Topics
Should new thermometers be calibrated? Infrared thermometers Infrared thermometers as a form of temperature verification of incoming raw materials? How do you calibrate the temperature thermometers in roasters? Calibration of thermometers Best Way to Label Probe Thermometers Do thermometers need to be replaced when their calibration expires? Is the Ice Bath-Boiling water method an acceptable calibration for thermometers? If we had NIST Certified Thermometers would we still need weekly calibration? Criteria for calibrating scales, thermometers, rulers, etc.?