What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do I need to add another HACCP plan for additional processes?

Started by , Jan 19 2021 04:11 PM
2 Replies

Hello! I wanted to reach out as we are about to undergo our initial SQF Certification in the next couple months but have recently added eComm and Pick and Pack into the mix of our daily operations.  We are a frozen/cooler 3PL storage and distribution center that only handles packaged, frozen foods.  The new procedures also only handle packaged foods but involve opening cases of like product and picking the order. My question is do I need to add another HACCP plan for this process and handle it as production or still view it as distribution and cover this process with existing programs? NOTE:  I do not want to move this audit date and want to complete the necessary steps to successfully pass this initial audit!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

A. yes you need an additional haccp plan for this or addition to existing plan.

B. No, not under production - it stays under distribution.

C. If you are a month away from your on-site audit I'd be pushing it out a while - but if you have more time it should be fine.

Thank you Glenn.  Our audit is more than a month out so that is good for morale!

It seems as if adding an additional process process flow for the pick and pack maybe the easiest way to go but I do not necessarily want just the easy way.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality'