What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Reference for making blended fruit drink concentrate formulation

Started by , Jan 23 2021 10:56 AM
3 Replies

Good day members, I want to blend the concentrate below. The ingredients on the label is as shown. Can you please recommend a book for doing fruit juice and concentrate formulations. How would I go about calculating the quantities for this drink?

5L Blended fruit drink concentrate (Makes 80L – Dilute 1 Part concentrate with 15 Parts clean water)

Ingredients: Orange concentrate, Mango, Guava, Papaw & Banana Puree, Citric acid (E330), Ascorbic acid (E300), Stabiliser (E466), Non-nutritive K (E950), Anti foaming agent (E122), Colourants (E122), Flavouring.      

Preservatives: Sodium benzoate (E211), Potassium sorbate (E202), Sodium Metabsulphite (E223)                           

Allergen: Contains sulphates

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Management of Change Procedure and Reference CFR reference for labeling of water in a fruit preparation
[Ad]

Send it to a lab.......................

there are some online calculators but you get what you pay for

It all should be based on your brix, acid and brix/acid ratio that you desire for the end product.

Good day members, I want to blend the concentrate below. The ingredients on the label is as shown. Can you please recommend a book for doing fruit juice and concentrate formulations. How would I go about calculating the quantities for this drink?

5L Blended fruit drink concentrate (Makes 80L – Dilute 1 Part concentrate with 15 Parts clean water)

Ingredients: Orange concentrate, Mango, Guava, Papaw & Banana Puree, Citric acid (E330), Ascorbic acid (E300), Stabiliser (E466), Non-nutritive K (E950), Anti foaming agent (E122), Colourants (E122), Flavouring.      

Preservatives: Sodium benzoate (E211), Potassium sorbate (E202), Sodium Metabsulphite (E223)                           

Allergen: Contains sulphates

The problem you have is that the information here is an ingredients list, not a recipe. There are for example multiple ways to combine the different juices/purees to achieve the required 6% juice content, so there isn't enough information to work out which one is "correct".

Similarly for the additives:
Citric acid is usually used to achieve a specific Brix/acid ratio, and/or to reduce pH to a target level;

Ascorbic acid is used in variable quantities, depending on product, process etc;

Stabiliser will depend to an extent on the specific properties of the juices you're using and on the stabiliser itself. I'd suggest talking to the manufacturer.;

Sweeteners/colours/preservative levels are often determined by regulatory requirements in the country/countries in which the product is sold;

Antifoam is going to depend entirely on what it is an how it performs - again I'd speak to the manufacturer;

Flavours are a hugely complex area, so once again you'll need to discuss this with the flavour house from whom you source the products.

From the label I assume you're being asked to make an existing product for someone, so I'd also ask them for the full recipe!

Similar Discussion Topics
Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Management of Change Procedure and Reference CFR reference for labeling of water in a fruit preparation Risk Reference list in BRCGS Issue 9 Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Reference for sampling plan Cross reference between BRC Packaging issue 6 and ISO 9001:2015 Reference of Regulatory Requirement for Supplier Approval