What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Online product specification systems or bespoke software?

Started by , Jan 27 2021 12:06 PM
1 Reply

Hi all, has anyone done a cost/benefit analysis of specification databases? I'm looking for a system similar to online retailer portals (Oracle/Find) but for branded lines. I'm aware of Qadex, Hamilton Grant, Foods Connected etc. But has anyone done a recent study on this? I need a system that builds FG specs from recipe calculator and ingredient and packaging databases. Ingredients need to have nutrition and allergen information included, and sub-ingredient calculations for full ingredient listings. What are your thoughts, pros/cons for each tool? Do you get value for money? Our SKU profile is wide as we have multiple label formats for the same product recipe. Which systems handle this best? Our internal systems currently include Q-Pulse and M3/Infor. Any thoughts on integration systems. Our primary market is UK, but export to EU/USA/Canada/Australia/NZ/SA too.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Best online SQF course? Online Survey about the US Food Industry for Danish Student BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety Issue 9 is now available online Any recommendation for HACCP Training online Online training for plant health and safety and environmental safety?
[Ad]

Honestly I'd get reps for each of them on the phone and talk through directly. My experience was that cost varied greatly depending on the scope of what you wanted, and the number of product lines, although it's a few years since I've looked at this.

Similar Discussion Topics
Best online SQF course? Online Survey about the US Food Industry for Danish Student BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety Issue 9 is now available online Any recommendation for HACCP Training online Online training for plant health and safety and environmental safety? New Online Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment Tool Lean Six Sigma Online Courses Has anyone completed PCQI online course from imEpik? SQF Online Training Implementing SQF Systems Course Certificate Online