What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dish Washer Validation for SQF

Started by , Feb 01 2021 09:12 PM
3 Replies

Hi all, I was wondering, do I have to do a validation study on a dish washer I have been using for years for SQF level 2 audit ? Can trending history cover this?  Or would I need to do a bacterial or heat temp study from an outside company? We do a verification weekly with a disc plate that is calibrated to NIST standard. Thanks! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Approval Documentation for Sunlight Dish Detergent Does anyone use TDI Strips for dish washes? NC for having household dish soap in our production area? How to select detergents for dish washing in the food industry? Nail Brush Disinfection - stand in dish or other means?
[Ad]

Im a newbie, but my first response to your question would be that, Yes, you are able to conduct an "in-house" validation study using what you have already trended. At my company we have several "in-house" validation studies that were conducted at our location (we did not use a 3rd party). We are currently in the process of conducting a in-house validation study using 90 days of past information. Hope this helps!

In my opinion. Only if you can't find published study showing that the process you are using is adequate. In my industry for example you can use 165 F for 6 seconds for a 5 log reduction in vegetative cells (Listeria, Salmonella, and E. coli) You don't need to validate those settings. If you can find something from the dishwasher manufacturer or another published study that can serve as your validation. If you can't then  you should probably do a study. 

Hi all, I was wondering, do I have to do a validation study on a dish washer I have been using for years for SQF level 2 audit ? Can trending history cover this?  Or would I need to do a bacterial or heat temp study from an outside company? We do a verification weekly with a disc plate that is calibrated to NIST standard. Thanks! 

Hi rai,

A little context regarding the product/process/relevance of dishwasher might be useful.

Sorry for my ignorance of dishwashers but can you elaborate on the verification procedure you mention ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Approval Documentation for Sunlight Dish Detergent Does anyone use TDI Strips for dish washes? NC for having household dish soap in our production area? How to select detergents for dish washing in the food industry? Nail Brush Disinfection - stand in dish or other means? Validation of new dish washing machine