What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2.1.2 - Does the Organizational Chart need to be signed off by senior management?

Started by , Feb 02 2021 05:17 PM
9 Replies

I post the organizational chart in the office and in the plant. Do I need to have SR. management sign off on the form as a verification?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan
[Ad]

Technically speaking - no.

1 Like

Hi Pete. Never heard of that, I don't think it's necessary

1 Like

Nah

1 Like

Thanks! What about the job description section?

The only thing I have Senior Management sign is the Statement in 2.2.1 

I would think the SQF practitioner who is designing and maintain the SQF system is "senior enough" for this.

You'll have to show the org chart and JD's are as described anyhow.

Not from any standard requirement but from best practice view, it makes sense to include approving authority and effective date.

We have our plant manager sign ours along with the Mission Statement.  If you are to be audited under 8.1 you should be okay to not have it signed but it could only help you to have it signed as it helps to show that Senior management supports the SQF System.  In edition 9 the wording is a little different and in section 2.1.1.3 it states "Site management shall ensure departments and operations are appropriately staffed and organizationally aligned to meet food safety objectives."  It would be simple to demonstrate this by having your senior site manager sign off on the organizational chart.

We only have sr. management sign the commitment statement. I actually don't have a physical copy of the org chart. Our is electronically generated in real time, which has made it easy to not have to worry about changes in staffing.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?