What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SML by calculation

Started by , Feb 23 2021 03:34 PM
5 Replies

Hi all, I started to work deeply with migration certificates and Doc production. My suppliers sent me migration information but most of them doesn't send me "maximum residual level". I don't have any clue to calculate it from the data that I received but I saw that other person made the compliance by calculation using this "maximum residual level". Does somebody knows how to calculate it? Thanks!!!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product Conveyor Belt Volume Calculation How to do a theoretical calculation of brix? Need some help with food microbiology calculation F value calculation for hot fill and hold process sauces
[Ad]

I'm not aware of a calculation-based method for this - someone in the packaging sector may contradict me (happy to learn if so!), but IIRC, Reg (EU) 10/2011 stipulates a testing requirement for verifying compliance with SMLs.(See Annex V of that reg).

If you're buying packaging then I'd ask your supplier to confirm how the data they're providing demonstrates compliance with the relevant elements of this regulation, and others as applicable.

Hi all, I started to work deeply with migration certificates and Doc production. My suppliers sent me migration information but most of them doesn't send me "maximum residual level". I don't have any clue to calculate it from the data that I received but I saw that other person made the compliance by calculation using this "maximum residual level". Does somebody knows how to calculate it? Thanks!!!!

What is SML ??

Specific Migration Level

Specific Migration Level

hi Maria,

Ahh, thks, I remember now.

IIRC yr question came up on the Forum some time back if you don't mind a little searching.

1 Thank

Hello from Greece!!

i also saw people in the packaging industry made theoritical migration of the substances with the assumption that the substance migrate 100%. It would be very useful if someone could publish an example (pet+inks+adhesive+pe=sml theoritical?). 

thank you in advance 

:-)

Polin

Similar Discussion Topics
Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product Conveyor Belt Volume Calculation How to do a theoretical calculation of brix? Need some help with food microbiology calculation F value calculation for hot fill and hold process sauces Enzyme Activity Calculation Nutrition Value Calculation Calculation of nutritional value Help on calculation of Opportunity Score and Risk Score Potential cause of deviation between theoretical calculation and Laboratory results for carbohydrates in a spice mix?