What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Thinking about using hairnet Balaclava, but have one question

Started by , Mar 12 2021 02:03 PM
6 Replies

Hi. We're looking into hairnet balaclava's, as beneath showed on the picture.

However, this kind of hairnet is pretty expensive. Therefore I'm wondering if it is possible to use 1 hairnet per person a day?

When our personel is exchanging clothes before eating, can they just hang their hairnet on a coat rack with their working clothes?And after eating use their old hairnet again? Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have a template that can be used to implement Risk-based thinking as per ISO 22000:2018? Risk-based thinking I'll (kinda) be thinking of you guys. Toxic Thinking
[Ad]

The bakery I used to work for used the same balaklavas which were worn over the whole day (taking those off while eating), like you've mentioned. That bakery was BRC certified, with pretty strict policies.

We treat these exactly the same as the standard disposable. Hairnets that are pegged into a book and left are completely uncontrolled and open to being contaminated... so the answer is no.

I wouldn't reuse them. It's very difficult to control.........what if they go on inside out the 2nd time........and they are not durable so probably going to get ripped

Why are you wanting to switch from the norm?   

This style is pretty generous ,so will fit below the ear

https://www.uline.ca...ouffant-Caps-24

Similar to Glenn and Scampi I'm skeptical of how you'd be sure that the hairnets aren't becoming a FB hazard whilst being hung and handled i.e hair going onto the outside of the net or falling onto another PPE item during handling. Generally hairnets are removed after other PPE to control this.

7.4.4 Protective clothing shall be changed at an appropriate frequency, based on risk.
Interpretation Changing protective clothing
Protective clothing needs to be changed at an appropriate frequency to ensure that clothing cannot
become a source of product contamination. The frequency of changes must be based on risk (e.g. using
visual inspections, swabbing or contact plates). For example, hairnets are changed daily or whenever they
are removed.

If you can validate that there is no risk of re-using the hairnets than perhaps feasible - olenazh has illustrated this to be possible in any case (I'm curious as to the details).

One thing to consider also is customer compliance. Even if you do find a way to pass this with BRC, if you have any specific customer COPs I'd check those, as it may not necessarily fly with customer auditors despite it being ok with BRC.

Alternatively, ban eating and toilet breaks so that by default your staff don't have to leave and re-enter :ejut:

1 Thank

Alternatively, ban eating and toilet breaks so that by default your staff don't have to leave and re-enter :ejut:

I did that a long time ago. Really boosts efficiency. And on top of that, all my employees do this cute little dance for awhile leading up to punch out which is very entertaining!

You made me giggle.

Colleague asked what was up, then I said nothing and proceeded to use your joke 1 hour later making my colleagues laugh. I'm such a parasite, I am sorry.

On a serious note, I see what will be our biggest problem regarding risk.

Thanks all of your input 

Similar to Glenn and Scampi I'm skeptical of how you'd be sure that the hairnets aren't becoming a FB hazard whilst being hung and handled i.e hair going onto the outside of the net or falling onto another PPE item during handling. Generally hairnets are removed after other PPE to control this.

7.4.4 Protective clothing shall be changed at an appropriate frequency, based on risk.
Interpretation Changing protective clothing
Protective clothing needs to be changed at an appropriate frequency to ensure that clothing cannot
become a source of product contamination. The frequency of changes must be based on risk (e.g. using
visual inspections, swabbing or contact plates). For example, hairnets are changed daily or whenever they
are removed.

If you can validate that there is no risk of re-using the hairnets than perhaps feasible - olenazh has illustrated this to be possible in any case (I'm curious as to the details).

One thing to consider also is customer compliance. Even if you do find a way to pass this with BRC, if you have any specific customer COPs I'd check those, as it may not necessarily fly with customer auditors despite it being ok with BRC.

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have a template that can be used to implement Risk-based thinking as per ISO 22000:2018? Risk-based thinking I'll (kinda) be thinking of you guys. Toxic Thinking