What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sending in-house procedures to customers

Started by , Mar 12 2021 04:20 PM
2 Replies

Hi all, 

We have received a very, very in-depth, 3 step Supplier Management process from a potential customer. In the last step of this process, they have asked us to send over 25 of our own procedures, plus photo/record evidence of the implementation of each SOP, to them for review.

This is the first time I've experienced a request this in-depth; it is normally a few procedures or overviews, maybe the HACCP plan, certifications, a record or two and an SOP index (plus a questionnaire). They also indicate in their email that the longer it takes us to respond will affect our Supplier Score and we will be sent reminders at 5, 10, and 12 business days with a 15 day limit to respond. 

I wholly understand doing their job to properly and thoroughly vet their suppliers. I'm just wondering if this is common and I should just go ahead with it, or if this might be over-the-top or far-reaching - I would love to hear feedback and opinions. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sending same samples to multiple labs Recoup vs sending out N/C Will sending products to non-BRC locations invalidate our Certificate? Sending micro testing samples a long distance What documentation is required for sending Food Waste as Animal Feed?
[Ad]

1)  Talk with senior management to get their feeling on the likelihood of snagging this customer

2) treat this like an on site supplier verification audit

3) Seems reasonable to me IF the value to the company is worth it

It's really similar to customers like Costco, you have a Costco addendum added to your annual GFSI audit 

So while most potential customers may not go to the depths your seeing (unless your talking private label, then it happens all the time), this level happens all the time with some customers

You might also request an NDA if you do move forward with releasing that much proprietary information.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Sending same samples to multiple labs Recoup vs sending out N/C Will sending products to non-BRC locations invalidate our Certificate? Sending micro testing samples a long distance What documentation is required for sending Food Waste as Animal Feed? Labeling law: sending product to a store who will prepare and repack Sending "Cooking lessons" in a box. Need compliance help. Sending on the BRC audit report to customers?