What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potential issues with repacking Roasted Red Peppers

Started by , Mar 29 2021 03:11 PM
8 Replies

Would anyone know the issues I will encounter from taking a 6lb can of roasted red peppers and repacking into 16oz glass jars?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? Potential Metal Contamination HACCP Plan - Potential Customer Misuse Can someone identify this potential wheat fungus?
[Ad]

what else will be in the jar/

we will empty the can and use the liquid in the can to fill the jars, so just the peppers and the liquid

thank you Glenn

ok, one step closer - what is the liquid/

Glenn, they are packed in water

my concern is exposing them to the enviroment 

would anyone know the issues i will encounter from taking a 6lb can of roasted red peppers and repacking into 16oz glass jars?

Supposed to be ambient shelf-stable / sterile ?

Yes on sterile and without adding any type of acid, I am concerned.

Are you doing this commercially. Has anyone taken a class like the Better Process Control Class.

Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) regulations in 21 CFR 108, 113, and 114, which require that each processor of low-acid and acidified low-acid canned foods (including pet foods) operate with a certified supervisor on hand at all times during processing.

https://www.fda.gov/...106721/download - guidelines on the FDA regulations

Yes on sterile and without adding any type of acid, I am concerned.

How is sterility of original pack achieved ? (afaik typical roasting provides pasteurization, not sterility ?)

Similar Discussion Topics
Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? How to deal with a potential new hire with a broken foot? Potential Metal Contamination HACCP Plan - Potential Customer Misuse Can someone identify this potential wheat fungus? Potential risks of repacking cheese in ambient Help! Potential help from industry for week assignment Risk assessing string as a potential foreign body implementation and controls. Potential hazards from compressed air during sachetting Potential cause of deviation between theoretical calculation and Laboratory results for carbohydrates in a spice mix?