What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Batch Record Documentation/Records vs. Inventory Records

Started by , Apr 08 2021 08:11 PM
0 Reply

First, thank you in advance for any insight you are willing to provide!   :spoton: I am the Quality Manager for an FDA regulated facility that packages OTCs, food and cosmetics.  We are having an internal debate over the terms/ words used to describe 'there is no product left to package' and 'there is no packaging materials remaining'. I was taught to describe this as "consumed all bulk product" and "consumed all labels/ packaging".  However, my Inventory Management guy says these terms are only to be used when related to inventory.  My thought is yes, I am verifying there is no bulk product (in inventory) or, there are no more labels (in inventory).  As a compromise, I now record this verification as "no remaining bulk product" and "no remaining labels". Regulatory Peeps- What description/ verbiage do you use to document this verification step?  What feedback have you received in your experience from an Inspector? Looking forward to everyone's replies.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mold growth under large batch tanks How do we keep track of raw materials if they do not have lot codes or any batch numbers? Master Batch Records Templates what impurities to test for in new Polypropylene batch Total Acidity Testing - different batch styles different results?
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Mold growth under large batch tanks How do we keep track of raw materials if they do not have lot codes or any batch numbers? Master Batch Records Templates what impurities to test for in new Polypropylene batch Total Acidity Testing - different batch styles different results? Dietary Supplement Requirements - CoC, CoA and Batch Record Filling bottles without representative packaging batch stickers Traceability for dressings- Batch Kits Is there a more efficient way to use batch sheets? Assignment of batch number for blended concentrated juices