What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

European food safety legislation for ice production companies

Started by , Apr 22 2021 01:54 PM
2 Replies

Hi there, does anyone know what applies in terms of european legislation to an ice producing plant? Is there anything special? Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Defense in the European Union Seeking European Company to calibrate metal detector What Is European Pharmacopoeia? European date coding format German vs European Regulations on Food Additives
[Ad]

Greetings Dakis,

Legislation includes:

1) Article 149 of the Food and Beverages Codex,

2) Y.A. (Γ1 (δ)/ΓΠ οικ. 67322/2017) from Greek Legislation which incorporates the instructions of the EU Legislation (98/83/EC and amendments) for potable water (since you are from Greece!). However be advised that as from 01/2021 the revised Drinking Water Directive (EU 2020/2184) is in effect which remains to be consolidated in Greek legislation.

Also see the legislation for safe food production.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the answer! 

I haven't signed in for a while

Yes all these are very helpful. Tomorrow I am visiting an ice cube producing company. Flow charts and process are to be made. 

Are you from Greece too? I am living in Athens the last 18 years

Where are you from?

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Defense in the European Union Seeking European Company to calibrate metal detector What Is European Pharmacopoeia? European date coding format German vs European Regulations on Food Additives Medical Screening Policy - Help Defining European Countries European Meat EC Plant Numbers European Legal Provisions European Union (EU) Regulations Food Safety Manager Training in European Union?