What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Has anyone got an example product withdrawal and recall procedure?

Started by , Apr 26 2021 09:02 PM
1 Reply

Hi all. Has anyone got an example product withdrawal and recall procedure I could look at? Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Quaker Recall Food loss and waste procedure Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?
[Ad]

Hi, it would be easier to trace if you have product batch number. Basically it takes two steps. 

Backward Traceability (in your manufacturing plant)

1. Get the batch number of the affected product

2. Refer to your manufacturing record to identify the raw material used (or specific production line)

3. Check whether the defected material (or production line) has affected other batch number

Forward Traceability (your distributed products)

1. Find out where the products (with affected batch number/s) has distributed and the quantity

2. Inform your customers about the batch and quantity to recall

3. Logistic arrangement of recalled products

4. Segregate the recalled products from the other good products in your warehouse

5. Action required for the recalled products (to dispose, to further inspect, etc.)

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Quaker Recall Food loss and waste procedure Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker