What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What sections of BRC do Importer and Distributor need to follow?

Started by , Apr 29 2021 03:52 PM
1 Reply

Hi everyone, new to this forum and loving it. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with dealing with food importers (which also distribute).  There is no open products onsite and perhaps only labelling of products to bring it into compliance happens. Can someone let me know what sections they will need to address to become BRC certified (GFSI certification is a requirement for on their customers)? Thanks. Steve

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Follow-up for SQF failure Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Tips on remembering all of the Sections, Clauses and Elements of SQF SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Broken Glass Policy for a Distributor
[Ad]

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

With no manufacturing operations on site, I'm not sure the Food standard is the one to go for - I suspect that either BRC Storage & Distribution or BRC Agents & Brokers would be better suited to them. Have a look at the standards (both available for free from the BRCGS Bookshop website) and pick the one that seems to best match the actual operations at the facility.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Follow-up for SQF failure Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Tips on remembering all of the Sections, Clauses and Elements of SQF SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Broken Glass Policy for a Distributor HACCP Plans for Importer-Warehouse What to do when people do not follow the personal hygiene regulations Weight declaration - selling to food service distributor Seafood distributor: microbiological testing for live holding tanks? ie, fish, crab, prawns, lobster, shellfish etc. BRC Certification Body Auditor did not follow the audit protocol, what is your experience?