What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Aluminum Particulates

Started by , May 12 2021 07:29 PM
1 Reply

Good afternoon I am looking to see if there is a standard table for aluminum particulates that may be scraped off the interior of a can during processing. Thank you in advance for any help. Chris 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSSC 22000 2.5.6 and 2.5.7 - Sample for aluminum can manufacturing Aluminum Flakes from Bakery Racks & Pans Crimper for aluminum tubes Moving to aluminum trays and need advice on metal detectors?
[Ad]

Greetings Chris,

The EU 2016/1416 amendment of Regulation EU 10/2011 states in par. 28 

Therefore, a migration limit for aluminium of 1 mg/kg food is considered appropriate for food contact materials

For USA these will propably be of assistance, though I haven't found anything that clearly sets limits:

https://www.ecfr.gov....3.174&rgn=div5

and also check: 21 CFR Parts 182, 184 and 186 for the list of safe substances.

I know it's a bit vague answer but hope it gives you a starter help!

1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSSC 22000 2.5.6 and 2.5.7 - Sample for aluminum can manufacturing Aluminum Flakes from Bakery Racks & Pans Crimper for aluminum tubes Moving to aluminum trays and need advice on metal detectors? Can we use aluminum for the frame of a packaging conveyor belt? How to determine the CCP in snack products with aluminum packaging? How to obtain Aluminum-Free Labeling? HACCP program for Aluminum Containers Factories