What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

OPRP - Written Like a PRP?

Started by , Jun 30 2021 05:53 PM
3 Replies

Hi all!  We are fairly new to ISO22000 and we have magnets in our system which we have identified as OPRP.  I am stuck wondering... do we need to write a "PRP" for this, similar to the standard PRPs required for animal feed (Pest Control / Storage / Cleaning & Sanitation etc.?  Or just an SOP with supporting documentation?  What is the best way to do this?  Any input would be appreciated!! Tara

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is it possible to have no OPRP if we can control through PRPs? OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Validation Study for OPRP - Sieving Process
[Ad]

I think, it's up to you how to document your procedure/policy. The most important - to follow it. I have it as a HACCP form - sample attached.

Attached Files

1 Like3 Thanks

Thank you for your reply and for the example!  This helped :)

Hi all!  We are fairly new to ISO22000 and we have magnets in our system which we have identified as OPRP.  I am stuck wondering... do we need to write a "PRP" for this, similar to the standard PRPs required for animal feed (Pest Control / Storage / Cleaning & Sanitation etc.?  Or just an SOP with supporting documentation?  What is the best way to do this?  Any input would be appreciated!!

Tara

Hi Tara,

You may need to read the Standard iso22002-1 in addition to iso22000,

The aspect of whether a haccp control measure is associated with one of PRP/CCP/OPRP is sadly a long-established iso minefield. And for auditors also.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is it possible to have no OPRP if we can control through PRPs? OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Is receiving raw materials and storing them a PRP or OPRP? Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Validation Study for OPRP - Sieving Process Reduction of OPRP monitoring frequency Summary Plan Template for PRP/oPRP's Setting Manual sorting as OPRP-CCP Should Metal detector be an OPRP or CCP? Metal Detector as a last step - is this a CCP or OPRP?