What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do you send your HACCP Plan to customers?

Started by , Aug 10 2021 05:29 PM
7 Replies

Is it typical for a customer to ask you to send them your actual Haccp plan?  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

Yes.

My company has a detailed HACCP summary that we send out with our Process Flow Chart.  Sometimes we get requests for our Hazard Analysis, we don't give that out because we consider it to be confidential; instead we send a document stating that we have performed a hazard analysis covering Biological, Chemical, Physical, Radiological, and Economical hazards.

1 Thank

Yes.

My company has a detailed HACCP summary that we send out with our Process Flow Chart.  Sometimes we get requests for our Hazard Analysis, we don't give that out because we consider it to be confidential; instead we send a document stating that we have performed a hazard analysis covering Biological, Chemical, Physical, Radiological, and Economical hazards.

Wow, that sounds like an extended HACCP plan: I've never performed Economical hazard analysis. Is it a requirement of your GFSI scheme?

Wow, that sounds like an extended HACCP plan: I've never performed Economical hazard analysis. Is it a requirement of your GFSI scheme?

It's a FSMA requirement.  Instead of having a separate FSMA food safety plan, I just combined everything into one big plan.  Having approved suppliers who are FSMA compliant is also a FMSA requirement, so it goes toward that end as well.  It's basically a food fraud evaluation.

1 Thank

It is typical, QA.

If the issue is that you feel you have proprietary info on the HACCP (manuf flow chart is proprietary at my facility) you can have a controlled internal version, and a version with redactions that would be customer facing.

yes, it has become standard procedure.

Hi Olena,

See this thread and all the confusion that followed -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ma/#entry156904

Is it typical for a customer to ask you to send them your actual Haccp plan?  

Hi QA,

There are a multitude of threads here relating to this query.

It may well depend on things like (a) the leverage of yr customer, (b) how much confidentiality you evaluate yr haccp plan as being worth to you ?, (c) Company Policy.

Not necessarily mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality'