What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Knives used to open Raw Material Cases

Started by , Aug 11 2021 05:42 PM
4 Replies

Hello all, we are an SQF Facility that simply repacks dry, shelf stables bulk products into smaller portion control pouches. We are looking for new knives to use to open the raw material cases that are just taped corrugate boxes. I'm looking to see what other people are using. Thanks, Jon  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cutting and creasing knives file How do you dispose of knives? Knives and Scissors control Knives Dip with Sanitizer (Quaternary based- Quorum Clear) in Processing Area BRC 4.9.2.3 - Definition of snap-off blade knives
[Ad]

We use different colored knives for different procedures/different areas of the kitchen and warehouse. 

https://www.grainger...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Since we cut a lot of Packing tape the blades get gunked up pretty quickly and we've had a few instances of tape getting into the process because of this. 

Do these safety knives have the same issue? 

We use a sekf protection plastic knife where the blade is not exposed.

Since we cut a lot of Packing tape the blades get gunked up pretty quickly and we've had a few instances of tape getting into the process because of this. 

Do these safety knives have the same issue? 

If it starts gunking up a lot, it usually means we need the blade changed or the tape is very loose. It still happens time to time but I have read some people use Isopropyl Alcohol on the blade and it cleans up the residue and then they're good to go. But, for the most part they seem to work well. 

The previous link I used in my other post didn't have changeable blades. This is what we use, basically the same but they allow the changing of blades. https://www.grainger...ok-Style-25D167

Similar Discussion Topics
Cutting and creasing knives file How do you dispose of knives? Knives and Scissors control Knives Dip with Sanitizer (Quaternary based- Quorum Clear) in Processing Area BRC 4.9.2.3 - Definition of snap-off blade knives Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. PPE when sharpening knives - poultry cutting plant How to Clean Knives? One piece disposable "penguin" or "fish" style knives? SSOPs for cooks using personal knives etc,