What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Organic approved sanitizer for food contact surfaces

Started by , Aug 19 2021 12:50 PM
5 Replies

I'm looking for some recommendations on organic approved sanitizers I can use at our manufacturing site.  Are there any you like in particular and can you tell me where to purchase?  Thanks!  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn
[Ad]

Hi Patricia; Sanitizer - SYNERGEX, manufacturer - ECOLAB. It can be used for either conventional or organic production, works great.

1 Like1 Thank

There's a few of them, mostly peracetic acid based.  However, I would confirm with the supplier it is organic approved prior to purchasing.  If you have a chemical supplier you use consult with them as they surely have something that is organic approved as no rinse sanitizer.

@ olenazh, what type of documentation do I need on file to prove it is approved for organic use?  

I would check with your Organic certification organization. They generally have a list of appropriate formulations/compounds of sanitizers.

Marshall

@ olenazh, what type of documentation do I need on file to prove it is approved for organic use?  

It would depend on your country organic regulations. As Marshall mentioned, there should be a list of permitted substances to use in organic production. You should refer to that list. Secondly, you could request confirmation from the chemical supplier/manufacturer. However, you'll still have to refer to organic regulatory requirements.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Organic Food Fraud program Is there a difference between Organic Food Fraud and Conventional food fraud? GMO Testing for Organic Corn Organic Status - Flour Production Organic Material - Inventory Discrepancies Organic Fraud Prevention Guide How to control flour beetle in an organic mill? FSSC 22000 VERSION5.1 Organic Mineral HACCP Plan