What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does everybody within the SQF system use only the black pens?

Started by , Aug 19 2021 03:19 PM

That would be a new rewuirement that i am not familiar with. In SQF work for the past 14 years we have always used blue or black .

Not sure why the training focused on using black pens.  My co-worker got the same impression  from his  training video. The codes do not say it has be black pen anywhere. I will take it as an error in the  online training material.

Thanks for your help.

15 Replies

Hello all, I  am new to the SQF system and recently finished my SQF practitioner training. I am little confused as the training talks about using only Black pens in the form documentation. Does every body within the SQF system use only the black pens? I have always used blue or  black pens when working for the BRC certified plants and it was never an issue. Please share your experience with this requirement. Thank you. -Sam

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 BRC 1.1.6 Confidential reporting system New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

I have always used blue or black ink pens for all controlled, completed SQF documents.  Never heard of a strict black ink requirement.  

1 Like
That would be a new rewuirementvthat i am not familiar with. In SQF work for the past 14 years we have always used blue or black.

I've had customer auditors recommend I use only black ink when completing documents. But this is my first time hearing that it was somehow tied to any standard.

I'm guessing the SQF trainer didn't happen to cite the SQF Standard that goes along with it?

1 Like

That would be a new rewuirement that i am not familiar with. In SQF work for the past 14 years we have always used blue or black .

Not sure why the training focused on using black pens.  My co-worker got the same impression  from his  training video. The codes do not say it has be black pen anywhere. I will take it as an error in the  online training material.

Thanks for your help.

Honestly, it starts to sound ridiculous: is it really that important to food safety what ink color is used to sign documents? What would be next - size of buttons on uniform, length of haircut, color of lipstick? 

1 Like

I think that it is important to use non-smearing, no smudge pens, to secure records against water and alcohol that may be present at the plant.

1 Like

Honestly, it starts to sound ridiculous: is it really that important to food safety what ink color is used to sign documents? What would be next - size of buttons on uniform, length of haircut, color of lipstick? 

Hot pink, or black lipstick only!

3 Likes

Those're your favorite? Sounds like Goth, eh? :shades:

1 Like

Come on Tim, you'd look great in red too!  LOL.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

1 Like

Come on Tim, you'd look great in red too!  LOL.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Oh boy, MDaleDDF, I really like your sense of humor! (I'm waiting for the moderator to kick us off this thread to have fun somewhere else :shutup: )

1 Like

When I was in the medical world 5 or so years ago - black was only allowed. Another possible reason - color blind people. In a college class, the professor could only use black because the other colors were too difficult to read on a white board for the color blind person.

2 Likes1 Thank

Hello all,

I  am new to the SQF system and recently finished my SQF practitioner training. I am little confused as the training talks about using only Black pens in the form documentation.

Does every body within the SQF system use only the black pens? I have always used blue or  black pens when working for the BRC certified plants and it was never an issue.

Please share your experience with this requirement.

Thank you.

-Sam

IMEX there is one other. possible, simple, explanation - Compare your photocopy quality for black and blue originals.

1 Like1 Thank

Just as an aside, since the question has already been marked as answered.

We are taking on a new customer and their supplier expectations manual specifically states that all manually filled in records be done in black ink.

You do what the customer wants, I guess.

Marshall

1 Like

IMEX there is one other. possible, simple, explanation - Compare your photocopy quality for black and blue originals.

This is one of the reasons I prefer blue ink. Before the days of color photocopies it was a surefire way to identify whether it was an original or a copy.

2 Likes1 Thank

This is one of the reasons I prefer blue ink. Before the days of color photocopies it was a surefire way to identify whether it was an original or a copy.

Unfortunately, IMEX, it can also be a good way to receive unreadable, requested, copies.

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 BRC 1.1.6 Confidential reporting system New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? PIF V6 - What system is best to use Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6