What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

D value and Z value for Salmonella in Chili

Started by , Sep 06 2021 03:55 AM
3 Replies

Hi all,

I have a problem to determine appropriate time for holding tube & flow rate in chili pasteurization.

1. is there advice to determine them?
2. Does anyone know temperature reference, D value and Z value for Salmonella spp (Object to be killed)?
3. is there  other validation method in pasteurization?

Thank you for your time

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Salmonella testing Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Salmonella - How Tough are You?
[Ad]

Hi all,

I have a problem to determine appropriate time for holding tube & flow rate in chili pasteurization.

1. is there advice to determine them?
2. Does anyone know temperature reference, D value and Z value for Salmonella spp (Object to be killed)?
3. is there  other validation method in pasteurization?

Thank you for your time

Hi Yongki,

Nearest I could find was ground black pepper -

black pepper.PNG   58.99KB   3 downloads

thermal inactivation Salmonella spp in black pepper.pdf   8.7MB   27 downloads

1 Thank

Hi Yongki,

Nearest I could find was ground black pepper -

black pepper.PNG

thermal inactivation Salmonella spp in black pepper.pdf

Thank you Mr. charles

Hi Yongki,

one additional remark: from my own experience (paprika powder) you have to take special attention to the statistical sampling procedure while examining such data.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Salmonella testing Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Salmonella - How Tough are You? Composite sampling for Salmonella testing Equivalent salmonella testing for ISO 17025 certified labs Salmonella serotypes Salmonella detection per 25g, 125g, 250g, 375g Listeria & Salmonella Testing Frequency