What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Co-Packing HACCP

Started by , Sep 09 2021 08:43 PM

@Tony-C It is a different product than what we make. They send the finished product to us and we pack it into pillow bags for them. Product is sold in the same country. 

So you're undertaking a manufacturing(ish) process on your site, within your food safety systems, and it's not covered by your existing HACCP plan?
IMO you'd need to go through your usual HACCP review process to determine what changes need to be made to your own plan to accommodate the new product, or possibly even to determine that it's sufficiently different that it needs a separate HACCP plan.

4 Replies

We co-pack for a customer of ours, I was wondering if I needed to add them to our HACCP plan or how I would go about that. Do they need to be in our HACCP? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]
Hi kwollek,

It is more likely to be the other way round, they would need to add your operation to their plans. My questions would be is this for an identical product that you currently manufacture? are there any additional customer defined requirements that impact on your HACCP study? is the product to be sold in the same country under the same legislation?

Kind regards,

Tony
1 Thank

It is a different product than what we make. They send the finished product to us and we pack it into pillow bags for them. Product is sold in the same country. 

@Tony-C It is a different product than what we make. They send the finished product to us and we pack it into pillow bags for them. Product is sold in the same country. 

So you're undertaking a manufacturing(ish) process on your site, within your food safety systems, and it's not covered by your existing HACCP plan?
IMO you'd need to go through your usual HACCP review process to determine what changes need to be made to your own plan to accommodate the new product, or possibly even to determine that it's sufficiently different that it needs a separate HACCP plan.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken?