What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Introducing myself

Started by , Sep 24 2021 04:47 PM
4 Replies

My name is Jordon Michaels and I am the QA Technician for a small creamery in Newville, PA. The creamery I work at is Reykjavik Creamery and we produce cultured dairy products such as yogurt, skyr, and quark. We also produce cream and sometimes butter. All of our products are done as a copacker. Only the cultured dairy products are within the scope of our SQF certification.

Even though my title is QA technician really I am the QA department due to how small we are. I've been in this position since January 2020, and roughly six months later we received our SQF level 2 certification. We recently had our annual audit and again passed.

On top of my QA responsibilities I also assist on the production line doing anything from packing boxes to helping run the filler.

My background is I went to Penn State University and received a B.S. in Food Science. I then worked for Keurig Dr Pepper for about 6 years in the quality department. It was a good learning experience due to the number of products the plant I worked at produced, but at the same time it limited my scope due to the size of the quality department. I then got the opportunity to work for the start-up Reykjavik Creamery I'm at currently. The experience has been incredible as I helped set up the quality department, got the facility SQF certified, and keep our other certifications such as Kosher and Organic in place. It's been challenging but so rewarding to see my current facility survive the pandemic and grow.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Introducing Myself Introducing Mojtaba Oskuii Introducing myself Introducing myself Introducing sliced mushrooms into a high care environment
[Ad]

Hey Jordon, welcome to the forums!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome! I am right down the road from you working in Chambersburg! This is a great forum and has helped me over the last 7+ years in my current role. And, of course ... WE ARE! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Introducing Myself Introducing Mojtaba Oskuii Introducing myself Introducing myself Introducing sliced mushrooms into a high care environment Introducing myself Introducing myself Introducing myself Alba Gonzalez from Bay Area USA Introducing our newest solution: Safefood 360° Risk Introducing Myself