What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quick chilling composite dairy based sauce

Started by , Oct 29 2021 03:09 PM
4 Replies

Hello

I would value feedback from forum members on their views on the need to 'quick chill' a composite dairy-based sauce with particulates that is cooked at 90 deg C for 10 minutes (C botulinum cook), then hot filled into 'flexi pillow bags' (10kg product mass) at 72 deg C or higher and then sealed with a bung.   If 'quick chilling' is necessary, what timescales would you apply for the product to reach 5 deg C?

TIA

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
IQF (Individual Quick Frozen) Certficiation Quick check to see if product is sterile? Removing quick and slow candy from vending machines At what time and temperature is fish product deemed quick frozen? Freezing and quick thawing of fresh dairy alternative drinks
[Ad]

Hello

I would value feedback from forum members on their views on the need to 'quick chill' a composite dairy-based sauce with particulates that is cooked at 90 deg C for 10 minutes (C botulinum cook), then hot filled into 'flexi pillow bags' (10kg product mass) at 72 deg C or higher and then sealed with a bung.   If 'quick chilling' is necessary, what timescales would you apply for the product to reach 5 deg C?

TIA

Why the "C.botulinum" cook (terminology reserved for sterilization?) ?

Is it MAP or vacuum sealed ?

Intended shelf-life ?

Not MAP or vacuum sealed.

Shelf life of up to 60 days chilled.

Hello

TIA

Hi Prof,

The answer may involve the specific nature of yr product, eg pH, composition, etc.

I anticipate that yr query is closely similar to this post/thread which contains references to some official, generic, UK chilling times -

https://www.ifsqn.co...es/#entry176166.

(8degC is a common UK reference point in addition to 5 degC due the typical UK refrigeration philosophy)

I suggest you also study the attached UK document which  analyses the related microbiological aspects and (I deduce) categorises yr product into a "Long shelf-life"  item. If so, it appears that additional requirements may need to be satisfied as indicated in document's Fig 1.

micro quality - chilled-pasteurised-foods,Campden.pdf   597.6KB   5 downloads

Many thanks Charles - I shall take a look at these references.

Similar Discussion Topics
IQF (Individual Quick Frozen) Certficiation Quick check to see if product is sterile? Removing quick and slow candy from vending machines At what time and temperature is fish product deemed quick frozen? Freezing and quick thawing of fresh dairy alternative drinks Quick introduction of myself Quick Hello and BRC vs SQF question Just a quick hello to all How to make internal audits quick and less onerous? A quick hello