Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

Hi everyone! New forum member introduction myself and also asking for some tips.

I'm a long time QA Manager under the BRC audit standard but last week I started in a Director level position at a facility under SQF.

Any pitfalls I should avoid or slight differences I should pay extra attention to as I get familiar with my new standard?

#2 SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Principal
  • 896 posts
  • 193 thanks
Excellent

• Panama
    Panama
  • Interests:We specialize in helping small to mid-sized food, logistic and packaging companies to develop & implement SQF Systems to achieve certification in a relatively short period of time. In addition we offer a low-cost highly effective eConsultant Subscription, SQF Compliance Reviews and Internal Auditor Training. Don't let our location throw you off - Our market is the United States.
    Call us to discuss your needs 800-546-1452

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hi Matt, welcome.

I believe you will find an ease of getting into SQF as SQF is substantially easier in all areas in comparison with BRC. 

I am sure that others may argue this, but after ten years of auditing first (SQF) and then consulting on SQF and BRC it is what we have found.

Best to you.

Warm regards,

Glenn Oster

SQF Certification & Implementation Consultant

Serving clients in: USA, Centro America & Caribbean Islands

International Toll-Free: 800-546-1452

USA Skype Number: 772-646-4115

www.GlennOsterConsulting.com

#3 FurFarmandFork

FurFarmandFork

QA Manager/FS Blogger

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,064 posts
  • 482 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Ditto to SQFConsultant, I find that in compared to other standards, SQF often specifically includes a clause to the tone of "do this, but if you can't, identify controls to make sure that your process/equipment/facility remains safe and effective regardless". In this way it makes you address the hazard, but doesn't necessarily bind you to a specific solution like BRC often does. Heck, half the time for SQF if you can demonstrate compliance with a rule (e.g. storage) and people are trained on it, you can skip an entire "policy" document.

QA Manager and food safety blogger in Oregon, USA.

Interested in more information on food safety and science? Check out Furfarmandfork.com for more insights!

Subscribe to have one post per week delivered straight to your inbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate