What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to eliminate conveyor belt static?

Started by , Jan 19 2022 06:09 PM
4 Replies

Hello All,

I am having trouble with one of our conveyor belts in manufacturing. We are getting a lot of electrical static on the conveyor belt that is very dry as we are a candy manufacturing company. It will randomly good off by itself and when i place my hand underneath the belt, it gives me some static shock. What is everyone else doing to eliminate this?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Metal detector conveyor stopped working Sample procedure for Movement of Static Equipment Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? BRC 9 clause 4.6.4, 4.6.6 - Static-mobile equipment How to create an effective system that would eliminate the storage of food in the lockers?
[Ad]

It's obviously not grounded properly

You need a certified electrician to come in and ground the machine to prevent someone from getting seriously injured

2 Likes

Agreed, doesn't sound like static to me.  Are you positive that's the issue?  Has it been an issue before?   Sounds like an actual electrical issue...

I think you need to do a electrical ground

Hi there,

We have static issues on our conveyor belts as we make plastic packaging. We have static bars attached to the machines that take the static away right before they come onto the conveyor belt, or on some machines - at the start of the conveyor belt right before anyone's hands make contact. Perhaps you could look into attaching some static bars. I'm not sure how static would come from candy (but I don't know anything about candy) so would suggest you also listen to other people as it might be something more serious like an electrical fault. Stay safe! And good luck!

Similar Discussion Topics
Metal detector conveyor stopped working Sample procedure for Movement of Static Equipment Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? BRC 9 clause 4.6.4, 4.6.6 - Static-mobile equipment How to create an effective system that would eliminate the storage of food in the lockers? Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area Cleaning and Sanitizing of polyurethane conveyor belts Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt GMP concerns of an employee wearing a personal belt Conveyor Belt Volume Calculation