What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Scientific evidence for shelf life of dry products oats

Started by , Jan 31 2022 07:39 PM
8 Replies

Hello everyone,

I need a help in getting scientific evidence showing that shelf life of dry products or oats is good till one year.

Actually, we started making private label product i.e oats and as per customer instructions, we mentioned shelf life 1 year, now we are stuck in Audit as according to Auditor, site should do its own shelf life study before mentioning it.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What websites do you use for scientific and technical developments? Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards Scientific proof face masks extend shelf life because of reduced contamination Any emerging risks and/or new scientific developments associated with fresh fruits and vegetables globally? Need scientific articles/books from IFSQN related to HACCP and ISO 22000 for my thesis
[Ad]

Hi Namishka. Why don't you just send your product (close to the expiry date) for micro (e.g. TC, E. Coli, Y&M) and chemical (e.g. moisture, pH, Aw, etc.) testing? And do organoleptic testing yourself (e.g. appearance, flavor, odor, texture, etc., whatever you usually test for). Then, put all micro, chemical and sensory testing results together - and voilà, you have your own shelf life study. 

Thanks Olenazh, but audit is going on and we need something to show right away.

Hello everyone,

I need a help in getting scientific evidence showing that shelf life of dry products or oats is good till one year.

Actually, we started making private label product i.e oats and as per customer instructions, we mentioned shelf life 1 year, now we are stuck in Audit as according to Auditor, site should do its own shelf life study before mentioning it.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

Hey, found this one.

Also, this one

Thanks Olenazh!!! you see to be savior today!!

Let me check with Auditor, will update you!

Thanks Olenazh!!! you see to be savior today!!

Let me check with Auditor, will update you!

Hi Namishka,

You might consider a quick visit to the Supermarket and purchase a box of Cornflakes.

Thank you Charles and Olenazh!!! we are good!

Hi Namishka,

You might consider a quick visit to the Supermarket and purchase a box of Cornflakes.

Thank you Charles and Olenazh!!! we are good!

Congrats!

Similar Discussion Topics
What websites do you use for scientific and technical developments? Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards Scientific proof face masks extend shelf life because of reduced contamination Any emerging risks and/or new scientific developments associated with fresh fruits and vegetables globally? Need scientific articles/books from IFSQN related to HACCP and ISO 22000 for my thesis Scientific study regarding kill step validation of frying process for snack foods Freezer temperature scientific basis Scientific Studies/papers on effect of low aw on microbial growth Clause 1.1.6 - System for scientific and technical information updates Cold filled ketchup Scientific Studies