What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Handling Damaged Food Products in a Distribution Center

Started by , Jan 31 2022 10:51 PM
2 Replies
I work in a grocery distribution warehouse. I store food products only. When damaged or nonconforming product is received or discovered in inventory, how is that handled? What SOP's and forms do I need? If the product is reworked, how do I document that and what is threshold for declaring it safe to be returned to stock? Any examples would be greatly appreciated.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling
[Ad]

Are you reworking it or are you sending it back to the manufacturer.

You should have an area for quarantine/holds to put it in until the final disposition is determined (discard, return, rework, etc.).

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling SOP for Handling of Expired Raw Materials Organic Handling and Processing Storage and Handling of Glass Regulations on handling adverse events and complaints in the food industry Handling UPC codes