What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is NSF necessary if already SQF certified?

Started by , Feb 25 2022 07:20 PM
3 Replies

Good afternoon,

The company CEO of our nutritional supplement manufacturing facility wants to become NSF certified so we may put the NSF stamp on our labels.

Currently, we are SQF certified. Is it necessary or is it overkill?

Thank you for any and all help on this.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker
[Ad]

I remember walking into one of my first consultng assignments at a good manufactuer. The CEO was there and he said they have requests from customers to get about 5 certifications - he said what do you think we need outside of SQF/

My answer - zero.

12 years later the company is still just SQF Certified and doing just fine.

2 Likes

I remember walking into one of my first consultng assignments at a good manufactuer. The CEO was there and he said they have requests from customers to get about 5 certifications - he said what do you think we need outside of SQF/

My answer - zero.

12 years later the company is still just SQF Certified and doing just fine.

Agreed.  Additional programs are good but the goal of SQF is to globally harmonize food safety across the industry.  I would only jump in if the project is easy and already in line with what you are doing with minimal changes.

Cheers!

Good afternoon,

The company CEO of our nutritional supplement manufacturing facility wants to become NSF certified so we may put the NSF stamp on our labels.

Currently, we are SQF certified. Is it necessary or is it overkill?

Thank you for any and all help on this.

Hi bthumser,

The usual reason for such as noted in previous posts is customer driven.

So what level of customer leverage exists ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Does SQF allow only a part of production to be certified? How much should I charge for creating a whole food safety program and get the production facility certified with GMP audit