What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Grinding Frozen Vegetables - Roots

Started by , Mar 23 2022 10:00 PM
3 Replies

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations on processing equipment to grind frozen blocks of vegetable or roots into bits. The particulate will then be loaded onto trays for freeze-drying. Typically the frozen vegetables are not IQF, instead they're a solid block of all the plant matter frozen together. The blocks range in weight from 35-55 lbs.

Looking for equipment with a small footprint that can be operated by one person. The in-feed of the mill should be about 2-feet wide to allow for a whole block to be slid in at once. Cleaning of the equipment would need to be manual, not through an in-line CIP system. Ideally we'd love equipment that has a very low risk of metal breakage contaminating the product, but I know this can be somewhat typical in frozen milling. Would really appreciate any recommendations!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen Management Grinding Process on the same area and the same time but different machine Procedure for engineering hygiene handover following hotwork/grinding in the workshop Water activity control measure in grinding pepper Grinding systems without losing volatile oil of spices
[Ad]

I wonder if something like a frozen block grinder / frozen meat grinder / flaker work? ?   if not a manufacture of these may be able point you in a better direction.   

https://www.youtube....h?v=UlVItnudp7k

https://www.youtube....h?v=_vtC5nb6OkQ

1 Like1 Thank

Hi kingstrudler1, your suggestions are quite interesting! The first link especially looks very close to something I might need. I'd be curious to see of the particle size of the flakes could be reduced even more...these frozen bits are destined for freeze-drying so smaller size would increase drying efficiency. This does put me on a better track though, knowing a key-word is how these searches usually start for me. And "frozen block meat flaker" may be the ticket  :ejut:

I think you would find that hobart has what you are looking for.
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen Management Grinding Process on the same area and the same time but different machine Procedure for engineering hygiene handover following hotwork/grinding in the workshop Water activity control measure in grinding pepper Grinding systems without losing volatile oil of spices